Love is in the air, and what better way to celebrate the season of romance than with a cocktail that steals your heart? Enter ‘The Love Thief’. This delightful elixir combines the boldness of gin, the bitterness of Campari, and the citrusy zing of pink grapefruit and fresh lemon juice. This one is guaranteed to leave you and your loved one swooning.
Based on the modern classic ‘The Bicycle Thief’, this cocktail utilises a touch of strawberry syrup instead of regular sugar syrup to add an exciting layer of ripe sweetness. It’s incredibly easy-drinking, making it the ideal libation for a romantic brunch or a cosy evening with your special someone.
40ml pink grapefruit juice
15ml fresh lemon juice
15ml strawberry syrup
Top up with soda water
- Add all ingredients (except soda water) to a cocktail shaker and fill with large cubed ice.
- Shake vigorously for 8-10 seconds until the ingredients have mixed thoroughly and the drink is suitably chilled.
- Double strain into a chilled rocks or old fashioned glass over large cubed ice.
- Top up with chilled soda water and give it a quick stir.
- Garnish with a fresh grapefruit wedge. Serve immediately whilst it’s ice cold.
If that sounds too good to miss but you aren’t a natural recipe follower, you can now purchase a wide range of other hand crafted cocktails from The Bevy Store: www.thebevystore.online